Saturday, December 29, 2012

2013 Finish-A-Long

she can quilt

Rhonda from Quilter in the Gap's vision for the Finish-A-Long is that it will move to a new blog each year, well for at least as long as some of us have unfinished quilts and quilty projects. Now, if you have chronic startitis like me, that might be forever.

So she asked and I volunteered and so I get the honour of being the FAL host for 2013. Not to worry, Rhonda will still be around helping out with the FAL, and I will try to do as good a job as she did with it last year, or she will be on my case, I am sure.

Rhonda and I discussed the plan on the old fashioned telephone (she is a skype woman, I am the old fashioned one). We decided to keep the rules and the format basically the same for this next year.

The FAL is open to everyone, anywhere in the world. There will be 4 quarters to the FAL, in each quarter we will post our list of UFOs to finish at the beginning, post our finishes at the end, have tutorials for the week and then post our new list for the next quarter. There will be randomly selected prizes and tutorials to enjoy between the two linky parties.

I have started a page for the FAL which you can get to anytime by clicking the tab under my  new blog header - do you like it - I was making the FAL button (code for the button in on the 2013 FAL page here) and thought it was maybe time to make a header too. The 2013 FAL page is here. If you would like to be a sponsor or write a tutorial, please let me know at shecanquilt [at] gmail [dot] com.

So, the 2012 FAL will finish up at Quilter in the Gap, and if you are like me you are frantically trying to get one more finish done. Don't forget that there will also be wonderful tutorials on Rhonda's blog once the final link is up.


Then head over here for the first quarter 2013 FAL link, which will open on Monday January 7, 2013. I hope you will also grab the button, the code is here.

I am excited to host the FAL, I hope you will join me, support our sponsors and help to encourage all the participants to finish those projects.

Perfect snowflake

I leave you with this picture of the most perfect snowflake (look to the left upper quadrant of the picture). We are having a beautiful snowy holiday this year.

Best,

Leanne

30 comments:

Ramona said...

Sounds like just what I need - my mantra for 2013 is "finish two before anything new!" Gorgeous snowflake - such beauty in such a tiny fragile thing.

Janice @ Better off Thread said...

Sounds like fun!!

CapitolaQuilter said...

So glad you'll be carrying the torch - thanks!

Debbie said...

oh this is exciting! I'm totally in!

Annabella said...

So great to hear you have the torch for 2013 - I might be in!

Lisa said...

2013 is my year to finish my WIP's and use up some of my stash and be on a fabric diet!! This group will be perfect to go along with the Stash Pact II group I joined for 2013.
Thanks for hosting!!

Anonymous said...

I loved this inspiration to finish my UFOs! Thanks for hosting!

Anne said...

I'm so on board this year! I have a lot of things that need finishing and yet I seem to keep starting NEW things. Can't wait to join in, thank you! :D

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Leanne!
Your new header of fantastic! This sounds fun and waiting to join! That snowflake is amazing - do they really look like that!
Happy New year! x Teje

Sarah said...

Shall sign up for sure :-)

Di said...

Leanne I am sure that the FAL is in good hands. Just make sure that Rhonda plays too this year. Di x

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I love your new header and the snowflake photo! I'm not sure I'll be able to join in the FAL (haven't finished anything this year, unless thread catchers, a couple of pin cushions and a table runner count?!) but I'll be cheering you all on!!

Catherine said...

The new header looks fantastic. Rhonda has passed the FAL on to a very capable person! Can't wait to get started

Marg said...

That's exactly what I need to spur me on after a less than stellar quilting year this year. Love your new header and so pleased you are taking on the FAL.

felicity said...

I'm IN! I need these kinds of prompts to help me keep my own startitis in check. I really love the blog makeover, Leanne. So crisp and clean!

Sheila said...

I didn't even manage to stay on the 2012 FAL but maybe I could do better next year.
Love the header and think I might just take a teensy bit of credit for it..lol.
The snowflake is beautiful, a snowy Christmas sounds lovely, we rarely get one here.

Svetlana said...

oh, how very exciting, Leanne!!! Love your new header, it's gorgeous. Happy new year.

leanne said...

love your new header - its one of my all time favourite quilts :) glad you're doing the 2013 FAL and I'm going to join in as this year for me its all about the finishing - love the snowflake !

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Your new header is gorgeous! Great shot of that quilt. I'm excited you'll be hosting the FAL - I'm hoping it will be a year of finishes for me, so it will be great motivation :o)

Judith, Belfast said...

You are the perfect FAL hostess for 2013! And that truly is the most beautiful snowflake. We haven't had any snow yet this year!! Jxo

Katy Cameron said...

When I was cleaning and rearranging my living room over the past few days, I've found a rather shameful list of WIPs to finish off. I've written them all up on a whiteboard, and will be sure to link up once I've worked out how I'm splitting them out!

Very pretty snowflake :o)

Jennie said...

I was so pleased to read this news. The 2012 fal has been so inspiring that I am over the moon that it's continuing next year!

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

Awesome - I discovered the FAL too late to play along last year, but I am excited about participating in 2013. Love the new blog header!

Susan said...

What an amazing snowflake! I think I may be missing something here- I have NEVER seen a snowflake like that!!! Could just be the motivation I need to join the
F-A-L !

Dianne Neale said...

Well done for carrying it on. I'm sure ill find something unfinished somewhere!

Katie said...

I'm happy to see this continuing! My January projects are planned out and there are some UFOs on there that I will put in for this.

Gertie Pye said...

Thank you for hosting 2013's FAL Leanne, I am going to have a good think about my list for Q1 and get it posted before the end of the year. Better hurry! x

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

This will be fun to have you as our fearless leader this year.

Marci Girl said...

I am so beyond excited that you will be hosting this event this year Leanne! I can't wait to finish up so many projects with you!

Kim said...

Beautiful picture!!!

I am looking forward to joinging in this FAL! I loaded some pics to the flickr gallery, but I will be doing a blog post with ALL of them and then link here. I will do it a little later today--I need to head to bed now.